LIKE A PRO
24 hours before your spray tan session
- Make sure your massage, manicure, pedicure, face, and body wax appointments are 24 hours before your tanning appointment.
- Exfoliate and shave the night before or earlier. Be kind to your skin while exfoliating.
1 hour before your spray tan session
- Shower or remove all makeup, lotion, and deodorant off the skin. Do not apply anything to the skin.
- Leave your jewelry at home and wear dark loose clothing. Absolutely no sports bras, leggings, or skinny jeans. Long or maxi dresses are great, while boots and sweats protect a spray tan in the winter.
- After spraying: go “commando” or wear the garments you wore tanning. Large baggy tee shirts and sweat pants or loose-fitting dresses are comfortable and will not rub off your bronzer or tan.
- Reminder, absolutely no leggings, skinny jeans, or sports bras.
Wait at least 8 hours after your tan to shower.
Avoid water – all water – snow, rain, showers, baths, wet dogs.
After your first shower
We carry body washes and tinted moisturizers that will maintain the longevity of your tan. As your tan begins to fade, if you intend on airbrushing again, do not scrub the tan off. Our blog has resources on more about maintenance and removal.
Swimming in the ocean, pools, or hot tubs and sauna will affect your tan. For best results, wait 48 hours before and ask your tech her secret!
What to expect in the session
The airbrushing will take about 15 – 30 minutes. A hair cap, barrier cream for your hands, sticky feet, lip balm, eye protection, and nose filter is provided for you. You choose what you would like to wear.
What to wear in your session
Ninety percent of our clients report tanning in the nude, if that is uncomfortable for you, we have some suggestions. Strapless bras or swimsuit tops are great, leaving no lines. If you have a sweetheart neckline dress, please make sure your tanning garments allow for the neckline. Microfiber underwear is perfect as they tend to cling to the body and are not as tight as a swimsuit. Anything worn during the airbrush session will leave a line, including jewelry.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS